New from BOOM: the Junior Estate Agent apprenticeship standard
As Boom Training continues to grow, we are always looking to expand the range of choice we can offer to both existing and new clients.
We have worked with over 50 Estate Agents in recent years, including some well known brands such as Winkworth, Belvoir, Hunters, Enfields, Loveitts and Field Palmer. However, until now the only apprenticeship standards we have had to offer have been generic ones such as Business Administrator, Customer Service and Sales Executive.
We are therefore delighted to be introducing a new apprenticeship standard specifically for the real estate industry: The Junior Estate Agent standard.
The new apprenticeship is a level 2 qualification, so not quite so advanced as Business Administrator which is level 3. However, it does offer specialist knowledge relating to the sector which could make it more relevant for many employers’ needs.
The standard is aimed at those working in the sales side of estate agency, so it isn’t suitable for those only involved in lettings or property management. However, it provides a great career entry route for those involved in sales and administration.
The apprenticeship will involve learning about and complying with contractual, statutory and legal requirements and maintaining client confidentiality. The kind of tasks the apprentice might be involved in include:
- arranging and booking viewings
- learning about policies and procedures for viewings
- handling offers and sales
- accompanying colleagues on site visits (possibly even doing these unsupervised subject to age, knowledge and transport requirements)
- undertaking marketing activities such as market research, working on production and distribution of leaflets and magazines, updating websites/social media and producing window advertisements
- preparing properties for sale including preparation of floor plans and producing photographs and brochures
- offering/selling additional services to customers
- administration such as data processing, filing, delivering/collecting keys etc.
For more information please have a read of our detailed Course Information Sheet. Alternatively please email our National Apprenticeship Consultant, Phil Kimber and he will be able to offer all the advice you need.
In partnership with: